Sunday, 18 January 2009

You gotta love it !


Had a great day yesterday..... my new stamps arrived ! Plus its the first free weekend Ive had in a while and Hubby was off ....needless to say I didn't see much of him as I was crafting and he was watching the footy, but he did keep supplying me with coffee ha ha. Its nice just knowing he's around if that makes sense, any how I digress .... back to the stamps.
As your probably aware I'm a great fan of Elusive Images stamps, to be fair I have lots of other stamps and I'm quite partial to Little Claire's and Penny Black's hedgepigs (as they are known in my house!). But I always seem to have more fun with the EI ones, maybe Glenda coats them with happy dust ha ha !
I'm babbling again... Have a look, see what you think, these are all from the Harlequin Rose theme plate, and I love it !!

This one was just stamped on to water colour paper and coloured in with H2O's, matted on light green card, then a torn bit of stamped vellum and mounted on a plain card covered with Artylicous backing paper.

This image was stamped on vellum with sepia Versafine, torn and edged with the same, I (Gingerly) slightly embossed the rose and leaves on the reverse, to bring the white through, matted on parchment paper and old gold card. Then I stamped the border on to torn vellum and layered it all up.

This, I think is my fave of the theme plate... stamped on pure white vellum with white Stazon (cheating! I know, but I'm a little heavy handed when it comes to parchment craft) Then I coloured the reverse with Tombow pastel pens and matted on black and gold, and just stamped the border in gold at the bottom,

This is a very simple one, I painted roughly a piece of water colouring card with glimmer mist Then stamped the words, Friend highlighted with a glitter pen, matted on matte silver card. I then made a mask with the single rose, stamped, masked and over stamped, and coloured with Tombows. Then I cut them out and mounted with foam pads.



This is my Hubby's fave... pity he saw it, I will have to make another for St Valentines Day now !


I Stamped the hearts on to the remainder of the painted card I used above and then highlighted the lines with H2O's then just cut them out, the middle bits where a bit fiddly but I managed ok with my swively craft knife, then I just made a tag with the left over and stamped the sentiment, mounted them with foam pads on a black card with a scrap piece as a 'ribbon'.

This one started off as a bit of an 'accident'.... I like to try different types of papers and inks just to see what they do, so I stamped direct to water colouring card and I'm not sure if the Stazon was a little dry or I didn't press firmly but it was really faded! Not to worry I waited till dry then spritzed it with water. Rough washed over it with Distress Ink (I patted some onto my heat mat and added a little water) Then did the same to colour the rose and leaves, I think it looks nicely distressed (waste not want not)


As I keep saying ......Please feel free to leave me tips and hints

Be good x

Kath x

6 comments:

  1. Your latest cards look fab, well done. Great parchment-esque too! Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you have been busy! lovely cards, glad you enjoyed your new themeplate.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Kath. I really don't think I can pick a favourite they're all so lovely.

    Like Glenda said, you've been very busy. I wish I could work as fast as you. I was faffing about most of yesterday evening and have the bits and pieces made but still haven't got them put together for one single card.

    I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add your blog to my list of ones to follow

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kath,

    Sorry but thought I'd let you know I can't add you to my bloglist for some reason. I've absolutely no idea why, it just won't accept your URL so I'll have to remember to stop by every few days.

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I can't tell you whose papers they were I'm afraid. They were specific ones from a kit that the stamp company wanted me to use and I never took a note of whose they were. A shame really
    because they are quite nice.

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kath I loved the background on your blog so much I've downloaded it to mine only in a different colour. Thanks for following my blog because now it's easy for me to link back to yours.

    Lesley X

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x