Friday, 7 October 2011

Rainy Days

Hi Peeps.....Just a couple of recent makes to share with you... I seem to be in vintage mode at the moment ?





This is a Crafty Individuals stamp stamped randomly over the card base with Versafine sepia. I'm sure there is a posh word for stamping then stamping again without re inking but anyway that's what I did for the background. The flower and leaves are Crealies and made of brown paper as is the mat and the 'runner'. I stamped the image onto cream card then roughed the edges with my scalpel and generally tried to make it look aged/tatty then applied vintage photo DI. Oh also coloured with DI's.



This is a Sheena Douglas stamp from the poppies and daisies set. I made a master sheet on A4 card using DI's, Chalk eyes, sequin waste and a Viva Decor script stamp but used a mask to cover the stamped daisy's before hand. The daisy's are coloured with a touch of DI's and my inkssentials white pen. I then just made a standard easel card and matted and layered my design on to it with a bit of ribbon and a sentiment from a Choc Baroque set (sorry forgot which as I keep all my sentiments together) Then I added a gold painted wooden butterfly


This is a Kanban stamp from the Steam punk range. I stamped the base card with a Viva Decor flourish. Used a scrap of patterned velum I found. Cut a large a Nesti which I coloured with DI's, and coloured the dress with the same, I think it was tattered rose, then I added a bit of sparkle with a Sakura pen. Finally added a pink flower
This is a Crafty Individuals stamp which I coloured with vintage photo DI and Inka Gold, then mounted on black card.  All the die cuts are spellbinders (iron works and picot edge circles) which I coloured with black soot DI and then rubbed Inka Gold over to give them the aged metal look. The backing paper is a CB one, from Essence of Nature CD and the sentiment is a Tim Holtz


And last but not least look who found his way into the clean laundry basket............. I put it up on the dining table then the monsters wouldn't sit in it and the cheeky thing has the audacity to hiss at me when I went to shoo him out...........Smacked legs and sent to bed early before he gets in the habit.... Cute though ha ha.
Be Good

Kath xx

1 comment:

  1. These are all gorgeous Kath. I can't possibly choose a favourite 'cos they're all quite special.

    Thanks for sharing the last photo. He's just too cute!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x