Monday, 28 November 2011

Happy Monday!

Hello Peeps

Been a bit out of sorts this week so not really done much ........ Been having new windows so house upside down freezy cold and I've been a tad grumpy cause of my stupid hands !

Mainly been making a mess playing with paints and stuff to make backgrounds and flowers, my stamping mojo seems to be having a rest ha ha.

Just a couple of makes below using Paper Artsy stamps.

The stamps are from Buttons 6 and the dress form etc are Tim Holtz die cuts. I just stamped the frayed edge stamp down the card and embossed with TH frayed burlap DP (seemed fitting). Matted a distressed piece of Core'dinations. Added DI'ed dress form, reel (wrapped in black hemp cord) and buttons. Then just highlighted the word 'Tailor' with Glossy Accents. 

This is made up of a couple of backgrounds I was making a mess with. The stamps are off the  One Penny 2 plate
The black background was a piece of matt gold mirri which I covered in black acrylic paint and then used a tool I got with some paint once, which gives a wood grain effect.... I was quite pleased with the results. The pinky beige background is just odd strips of paper glued to card then gesso'ed over. I inked the edges with DI and smudged ink around the lady with a paper stump.  I just added a flower made from the lace that goes across the card.


Be Good
Kath xx

1 comment:

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x