Saturday, 17 December 2011

Hubbys christmas card .... finally

Hi Peeps

Is it just me who struggles with men's cards? Steve is hard work as he doesn't do footy or golf or the such and I don't think a card featuring beer and pies would really get the Christmas sentiment across ha ha

So with a little help from Tim Holtz I managed the card below .....finally !

. Just a quick description .... all text was done on serif  with free fonts I have found. Main back ground is core'dinations card, music paper is from my stash from a pack last yr, leaves are a mix of stamped and cut out or die cuts from TH with a pine cone. Main Santa stamp was stamped, embossed on parchment and white highlighted with picket fence distress stains, frame from some card packaging painted with distressed crackle tarnished brass and a bit of walnut DI once dry.
Hope you all have a fabby Christmas
Be good
Kath x

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS work - I hope he loves it!

    Seasons Greetings

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many furry creatures interfered during that construction?? Super colours & looks the biz for a non footy/golfo chap. I have one of those too - but I'm normally safe with something floral or elegant! Made the mistake last year of using pink for a couple of male cards - Richard sadly shook his head (though he doesn't mind pink at all he had doubts about my recipients!!).
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x