Saturday, 25 February 2012

Memories of Spring

Hi Peeps
Isn't it funny where inspiration springs from sometimes.
I've been tidying out my dresser before it went into its new spot (kitchen finished woo hoo)
I found quite a few cards and notes from hubby Awwww,....... anyway whilst I was putting the rest of the tat I seemed to have accumulated in the bin I noticed a Daffodil had sprouted in the garden ....

Spring has sprung people my daffs told me ha ha ........

So I came up with the springy memories card Ta Da Ive entered it in to the Crafty Individuals Challenge this month which is "Spring"  .... go check it out
Ive tried to make it look as if you've found a bundle of old letters wrapped in brown paper ...think it works

Anyhoo the stamp is Crafty Individuals CI-302

I just stamped it a few times with vintage sepia or smokey grey Versafine and cut them out,
coloured the top image with polychromos pencils, added a couple of layers of paper stamped with a Viva decor script stamp to make faux letters. then distressed them all with vintage photo DI.
I folded the brown paper around them and creased it, then crumpled and tore it and made it quite distressed with DI.
I then laid down string as if it had been binding the parcel and just layered all the bits up.

Be Good

Kath xxx

4 comments:

  1. Delightful idea - you made me smile with this & how lovely a memento of your find in the dresser. We have a bank of daffodils in our woodland (half our garden/land is woodland) & they are shooting up.
    Spring is coming.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kath. I've got this stamp but not used it much, have to get it out for another play! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. This works beautifully Kath, all wrapped in brown paper. Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge this month. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the juxtaposition of the delicate CI stamp with the brown paper, quite wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing with us at the CI Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x