Thursday, 7 June 2012

And now for my next trick ..........

Morning Peeps

This week I have mostly been celebrating my birthday (still a bit grim from BBQ Monday) and cheating ......

I have never had the heart to gut a book ....don't ask why, I'm not sure ...just seems kinda wrong some how ....kinda disrespectful .... but hey that's just me, I bought an old dictionary to use and every time I rip a page out I can hear my Nana tutting lol

Anyway during a blog hop I found this on my CB friend Gina's Blog... And immediately pinched it lol
Its a fabby idea and Ive thoroughly enjoyed myself this week making two, (you will have to wait for No 2) I've tweaked a little but not the dims etc. What do you think? I know its cheating but as a book lover who likes altered stuff, I think its a fanbloodytastic idea.....thanks Gina.




Stuff I used
Papermania 12 x 12 card stock (think it was Ornate Cluster)
Cream and Rusty Centura Pearl
Nesties - Beaded oval and oval
DI's -Vintage Photo
Woodware lace punch
Handmade roses from scraps of the left over card
Few bits from me stash - little flowers etc.
Hougie Board (not essential but really helps)

Here's the dims for all the bits, I used 12 x 12 stock but you can manage it out of A4
(Cm's)
Book Cover - 1 @ 30.5 x 16 (scored @ 13.5 Cm's from each end)
Matts - 4 @ 15.4 x 12.9 and 2 @ 15.4 x 3
Patterned paper - 3 @ 14.9 x 12.4, 2 @ 14.9 x 2.6 and 1 @ 12 x 9.5 (small one is behind the pages)
Faux pages - 2 @ 25.5 x 14.7 and 2 @  25.5 x 12.2 (score at half inch intervals and fold)

Don't use to heavy a card stock for the faux pages its hard to fold, hold and glue lol

Please see Gina's Blog for the Full Instructions as its only fair you visit her too.

The fiddly bit is the concertina faux pages but worth the faff me thinks, just apply a little glue and ease them together, let each side dry before you glue the next or its a bit frustrating :) 

(No? my Floor isn't covered in half stuck, full of fluff, concertina'd thingies)

Be Good
Kath xx

15 comments:

  1. wow!! This is totally stunning, I love the design and all the detailing. The rich colours are gorgeous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely fabulous Kath - and a very happy birthday for yesterday - that you share with sue - bearhouse! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Kath this is absolutely fanbloodytastic :) I am just getting into doing altered crafting and this is just awesome.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your book looks stunning Alot of effert i,m sure but well worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely smashing - maybe I'll manage one of these for husband's birthday later this month. He's got quite a few of the real kind coming his way so it would be fun to give him a suprise extra!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great example Kath. I really love the border that you've used to frame the inside. I'm just finishing off another one as well and got another in mind. They are just addictive once you do them.
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definately a wow Kath, might just have to do one now, lovely colors and gorgeous flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, i love everything about it, i especially like the filigree border, i can't wait to see number two.. Happy crafting... Don't feel guilty about cheating, you're allowed a treat now & again x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is stunning! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! a fantastic project, well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning project ,what a beautiful card to recieve , the words on the setiments are so nice xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow and wow and wow this is just fantastic gosh the detail on this is amazing hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kath thank you so much for your lovely comments whilst I was away ,and again today.
    What fabulous creations you have been making, since my last visit .
    And a very Happy belated Birthday too.
    You sound so happy when I am reading your posts and your enthusiasm comes across so well.

    I adore this altered book and the next one you made above, The button it card is fab and the sentiment is fantastic I love it . Your creativity just goes on and on .
    Love the pencil box you have posted today too, great work Kath
    Well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x