Friday, 1 June 2012

What... Another one ...

Hey Peeps
Yes I'm on a roll ..... What with Craft Stamper mag and all my new followers' blogs giving me  inspiration, It  has really got my creativity juices flowing this week :)

I was hopping round last night and found a fabby 'book card' on my fellow Choc Baroquian member ,Gina, blog, which I may have a go at this afternoon, she's given all the deets, go have a nosey its just fabby :)

This is my take on a project by Sarah Engles-Greer, Kraft Glassine


Stuff Ive Used                                                             
Lace Fragments & Just Butterflies stamp sets  - Choc Baroque
Kraft Glassine, Book Plate die cuts, Tattered Flowers die, brads - Tim Holtz
Snow Cap Dabber - Ranger
Vintage Photo - DI's
White and brown signo gel pens

Tips of the day -
Like the look of stitching on projects but cant be bothered getting your sewing machine out !
Cheat - paper pierce then join the dots with your fine liners, works a treat and is very therapeutic.

Trouble with smudgy stamping on to Glassine - Heat set it every time, once you see the paper 'sweat', its cooked, it sort of traps the image in the paper ! Magic ha ha 

Hate cutting out flutterbyes as you lose the 'deely boppers', use headpins, they look great and add dimension, just hide them behind a sticky pad :)


Right I'm done teaching you to suck eggs lol, hubby home early so we are off to the shops :)

Be Good
Kath xx

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous hun and thanks for the tips ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning. I love the design and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for all your tips, I love how you have drawn your stitching - might give that a go myself.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Kath and thank you for all the hints and tips. makes me feel I should be experimenting a bit more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this. Big fan of shabby Chic and this is a great example.

    Really lovely.

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Kath this is gorgeous! Have a lovely weekend! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath - this is fab and I aodre that lace from choc baroque - must look out for that! Really beautiful! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath,

    I love it, might just have to have a go at doing one myself lol....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Kath, thanks for the tips and for sharing your fabulous project. My magazine came but not had chance yet to sit and read.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic thanks for the tips you do learn something new everyday lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is lovely :-)
    I had a look back at some of my past cards on Facebook and loved the cards I made in this kind of style/technique so you have inspired me to have a go tomorrow...see if I still have the flair haha
    Thank you for popping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.

    Love Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just gorgeous,love the design.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb, I love it :)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful... i love the flowers & the lace x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card and fabulous tips, I am a huge fan of faux stitching as I can't sew for quids. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous work Kath, and thanks for the mention. You're inspiring me to mount and cut out that lovely lace stamp plate I bought a few weeks ago and haven't even opened yet. Thank goodness for school holidays, a whole week of crafting becons.
    Hugs,
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way that white real lace is echoed by the lace stamping & your bookplate is intriguing - I keep trying to bend my TH bookplate to look like yours & can only assume it must be a different die!
    Love the earthiness of this.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x