Thursday, 11 April 2013

Altered photo box

Hi peeps
Just thought I'd share this with you all
I had much fun with it and had extremly mucky paws hee hee
 
I swapped this box for some bits with Lindsay and this is how it looked before I started
 
 
The first thing I did was to sand it lightly, then give it a coat of gesso.
Then I stuck strips of Tim Holtz printed tissue all over it with modgepodge.
 
 
 
I gave it a light wipe with watered down sand coloured acrylic paint.
Then I added random splodges of bronze distress crackle paint and once it was dry I applied white distress crackle over the top, mainly in the corners but with some random dabs here and there.
Once it had completely dried I ran my Antique Linen Distress stains over it and rubbed the edges with a bit of brown stazon.
Finally I applied a layer of matt modgepodge to seal it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then it was just a case of adding the brass corners and the flowers and lace, I also added a brass button to make it easier to lift the photo album bit out of the center.
The front window can house a picture but I've just made a picture up in CA2 printed onto card, laminted and fixed inside.
 
I really enjoyed making it
Thanks for looking
Be Good
Kath xx
 
 

17 comments:

  1. This is fantastic hun i love this colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath, this is gorgeous. Beautiful vintage look. Love the finish you achieved and the embellies look fab too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody Gorgeous Kath, I love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW hun this is stunning! love all the gorgeous detail and looks real vintagy with your magic touch.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a stunning work of art absolutely love everything about it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kath!!! That is fabulous!!!
    Love
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous project with fabulous detail x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow Kath what an amazing project & how fantastic it looks...love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great project! I love it! Looks like you had a heap of fun making it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This is superb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic project Kath, you have totally transformed it and I love it. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful project Kath, it's totally unrecognisable. I love the flowers and the brass corners x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow awesome project love it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x