Friday, 2 August 2013

Crafty Play Day makes

Hi Peeps

Here's what Me and Linda got up to on Wednesday .... we both had a go at decorating these house shaped configuration type things .... Linda did a garden theme and I wanted to display my collection of shells etc from Vietnam so I came up with this .....


 
 



 
Here's a quick rundown of what I did
 
Two coats of Eco Green acrylic - Sand
A coat of Imagination Crafts Crackle Medium
One coat of white acrylic
A thickish coat of Mod Podge Matt leaving brush strokes
A wipe over with watered white acrylic to give a white washed effect
Cut out sandy/wooden backing papers and glued, poem printed and added the same way
Once dry I gave a final coat of Mod Podge to seal.
Then I just glued the drift wood pieces in a tower and started to add the shells etc. Once happy I glued them in place with silicone
Finally I just smudged a bit of silicone and sprinkled sand over in areas
 
Thanks for looking
Be Good
Kath xx
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Stunning!!! Lovely all those fabulous shells and driftwood.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing Kath ,and I love the verse and all the embellishments ,would look stunning in a bathroom,you are so talented
    Hugs Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, what a lovely way to display your shells, I love the sentiment..... PS... i'm always good xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful House a great place to show off your collection xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW and WOOOOOW This is gorgeous. I love all the natural tones and the different elements. Well done on stamping in those tight corners lol
    I wish I was closer so I could come crafting with you two mischievous ladies :D

    Hugs and <3
    Lisa xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous kath - love it to bits x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kath what a fantastic keepsake, beautifully designed xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning and has a real feel of nature, from the colour you've painted the house to the shells, stones and driftwood - I love how you've arranged everything too - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvellous creation and a super way to hold the sea shell treasures!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant Kath. It's a wonderful way to display your pretty shells.
    I love the driftwood tower too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow !!! ....this is gorgeous , such a beautiful project . Very creative xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kath, this is wonderful hun, as I said to Linda, yesterday, I bought one off these at a craft show last year and have been looking at it, wondering what do put in it, love how you have done this hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a gorgeous theme the box is beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really stunning hun, love the neutral tones and all the shells are beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning and such a lovely way to display your shells.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x