Thursday, 19 September 2013

Happy Campers Challenge No.22 Show us your Flowers


Hey Peeps

Its Challenge Day over at Happy Campers Challenge Blog

Our theme this time is
Show Us Your Flowers

Here's my contribution


I've done the 'Caught in Crystal' technique but with a twist

I love the effect you get but I hate the stink of the floor polish in my little craft cave
and couldn't be bothered taking it all down stairs to do on dining table
So I thought well so long as it dry's clear would it matter......
 soooo I've used
gloss acrylic medium instead and I'm really pleased with the results


Mix a good dollop of medium with water to make it runnier, I prob used half and half but of course this will depend on which medium you use
I also added a dollop of Liqutex glass bead medium

I stamped, embossed and coloured from the back using acrylic paint
splodged my mixture on then sprinkled mica and glitter on
 layered my tissue splodged it down and spritz a little water to help
I also dripped re-inkers on to the tissue which gave a fabby veined look
 and highlighted the crinkles in the tissue
I left it to dry over night before mounting with PVA and making the card

Stuff I've used
Indigo Blu - Anemone  Corner
Pebeo paints
Gloss acrylic medium from the works
Imagination Crafts micas
Diamond glitter
mix of dye based re-inkers
Gold mirri card
Bits from my stash

Thanks for looking

Kath xx


 

11 comments:

  1. Omg this is absolutely stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Kath - love it - super colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a wonderful card Kath.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSERS!!!!!!!!!! Kath this looks absolutely stunning! Loving the rich colours you have used.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous Kath - really amazing technique - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and brilliant technique,love the colours
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Kath this is stunning, love the technique. Have a good weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Kath. Great technique which I have yet to try.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the effect you've created. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x