Sunday, 9 March 2014

Mixed media canvas

HI peeps
Well here's something I've been working on for a couple of days
 
 It took a while to do all the layering and getting the media to dry hee hee
 
 It then took me a day to sort the embellishment's ......... but I thoroughly enjoyed a bit of me time  
I was hoping to video it coming together but my camera is having a hissy fit and my phone wont play nice ... ah well maybe next time 


 Stuff I Used (this is as I used it)
30 x 40 canvas - one layer of gesso
Scraps of 12x12 stuck with watered down mod podge 
Imagination crafts stencils dots/damask/
Tim holtz large flourish - liquitex paste
Pieces of netting, lace, a crochet doily and scraps of tissue stuck with MP
Once dry I gave it two good coats of white acrylic
Then dry brushed with coloured (cream mixed with a touch of burnt umber and a dot of red)
Stenciled the words with paste
Lightly dry brushed white gesso over the raised areas





Embelishments 
Made frames with various moulds -UTTE / P of Paris/ white mod podge stick
Various pics from collections added and glossy accents to seal in frame
Inka gold and white acrylic to shabby them 
Paper flowers coloured with tea stain and dipped in UTTE 
Various metal embellies from my stash 
Then I just layered them up and glued with pinflair 
I added a bit more shading with dry brush once it had all dried 


 
Phew all done 
 
Needless to say myself and my cave needed a scrub after hee hee 

Hope you like it, I had fun making it 
Be good 
Kath xx

13 comments:

  1. Stunning! So much detail. Beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath, I certainly do like it, it's gorgeous. The colours are so pretty and delicate and the embellishments are perfect. Thanks for popping over to my blog and leaving a fab comment, I appreciate that hun. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! So feminine and so much detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Kath, love everything you have done to achieve this masterpiece.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is extraordinary! Love all the detail and elements. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh Kath that is stunning xxx love it

    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beautiful Kath - love this - al the texture and details - loads to look at! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome - so much detail - love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. The colour pallet is lovely a make this a really pretty make. I really love how you have arranged the photo frames, it reminds me of a large manor house with their family portraits.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous love the lo and embellishments xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic, i'm glad you enjoyed your "me time" xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is stunning hun love it xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x