Saturday, 14 June 2014

Play Day with Mother

Hi Peeps
Sorry my interweb has been playing up so I've been a bit absent since I got back of my hols.
 
Well we had a most fabby time in Cuba ! and mother stayed on after cat sitting so we had a few crafty days and here's what we got up to
 
 

 
 
 

I showed her a technique Hels Sheridan showed me, using all your scraps up on a canvas, although you can use any card/paper as I have. I love this technique you can create some fabulous backgrounds with it. you just layer up your pieces of scraps and seal them all with mod podge or similar then lightly wash over with acrylic paint to 'soften' the images and pull them together tonally.

Stuff I Used
8 x 8 box canvas
Time flies papers from Craftwork Cards
Crafters Workshop Stencil - Art is...
White and black acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Mixed Minis letters
Inka Gold paint
Mod Podge Matt (to glue and seal)
flowers and emblies from my stash

Thanks for looking
Be good
Kath xx
 


4 comments:

  1. great canvas Kath - I love this technique too - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Kath, love the gorgeous background and embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How utterly wonderful to be able to craft with your Mum, Kath, this is an amazing canvas hun, love it, great detail, hugs hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous canvas Kath, love the embellishments too x

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x