Monday, 8 September 2014

Creative Blogger Hop

Morning Peeps....
I was asked by my great friend Pauline Orr 
if I'd like to join the Creative Bloggers Hop..
Its a continuous hop every Monday with a host of
inspirational bloggers taking part each week..

So here goes, here's my answers to the questions...


Question 1.
 What am I working on?....  Well I'm currently working on some new stamp and stencil designs for Imagination Crafts and crafty wise I'm playing with cold porcelain flowers in between crocheting a blanket and waiting for paint to dry on a altered grungy plaque I'm working on.
 

Question 2.
How does my work differ from others in my genre?...
 I'm not sure I have a genre ha ha  ..... I tend to slot into the vintage grunge area but I tend to put a twist on projects that don't.... so I may take a pretty paper or cute stamp and vintage it or grunge it, and make it my own.


Question 3.
Why do I create what I do?.....
 Ohhh hard question ...... I don't have a set process and I've constantly got a few projects on the go.... I suppose I make things I like .... I like a challenge so I'm always hunting for a diff technique to incorporate into a project .... not sure that answers it but it's the best I can do ha ha


Question 4.
How does your creative process work?
Ohhh now this depends on what it is ....... if it's a DT piece then I get the products out I need to use and go from there.........If it's something for 'me' I start with maybe a canvas and get lots of bits out I'd like to use ... then pick colour scheme ... then I'm off it just all kinda comes together.... or it doesn't and I put it to one side till the mojo is back ha ha Its different each time I start some thing ... Like a stamp may inspire me or picture on pinterest or I've learned a new technique and want to apply it to a current project ??
It all depends on being in 'the zone'  and which 'zone' I'm in ha ha ... But generally I just like making a mess and having creative fun.... I always have 'Mucky Paws' .

Here's a couple of my recent ish fave projects
 

 
Now for my 2 nominees...
It was hard to pick from all my blogging friends
but I've pick these two lovely ladies as their styles are very different.....
but I get Inspiration from them both


Frederique shares my passion for all things Tim Holtz, she is a creative, lovely and funny lady. I just love her vintage style, and I draw inspiration from her work.
 
Jan is amazing, I am totally in awe of her CAS and WOW cards, If  I'm ever stuck for an idea I pop to her blog .... she has inspired me to make some lovely wedding cards ....
and keep them clean hee hee

Just answer the questions above ladies and post them on your blogs next Monday...
don't forget to nominate x
 
 
Thank you for your visit and taking time to read about me...Please pop to the girls blogs and say hello

 Be Good
Kath xx

9 comments:

  1. FAB makes - LOVE the pink particularly

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pieces, it's great to learn something about how we tick..
    2 fab choices of Noms too..
    I had such a fabulous weekend with you and Lindsay jolly last weekend.. Poor mr Andy Skinner may still be recovering lol, Px

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too..... and Im looking forward to our next meet hee hee .... poor Andy bet he is still twitching ha ha xx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous makes Kathryn and thanks so much for thinking of me Crafty Hugs xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab makes Kath love the blog really interesting to read how you tic , you are a talented lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby answers lol I think you and P both answered the questions better than I did lol wanted to say I dunno to all of them. Make sure you give me a nudge when you post your grungy plaque so I don't miss it, would love to see =)
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three quite different, but super projects - my favourite is the middle one. Enjoyed reading your answers - interesting!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant post Kath and well answered questions. Your samples are all brilliant but I do love the first one. The sentiment makes me laugh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thoroughly admire your style, and also adore your stencils and things that you create for Imagination Crafts, and feel honoured, to be allowed to play with them, hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x