Saturday, 25 July 2015

Mucky Fun ....










Hi Peeps

I went to the Indigo Blu open day last week and saw some great demos ... Mike from Krafty Hands was altering a coffee jar and it looked amazing, so I decided to have a go with the black gesso but put my own twist on it.

 

Unfortunately I was so in the zone that I didn't take pictures whilst making, but I'll talk you through it. 

 





I used an old doue Egbert coffee jar. 
Coated with ModPodge 
Wrapped with a piece of embossed card and cut a circle out for the lid.
Then I stuck a mix of embellishments on with a glue gun ... It looks a state at this point as all the embelies are diff colours but don't panic .... 
Paint the whole thing with black gesso you will need a couple of coats to get in all the books and crannies. 
I then dry brushed very very lightly with white acrylic paint.
Once dry I did a wash of quinacrine gold then lightly brushed my embelies with the same and a touch of yellow. 
Once dry I dry brushed with inka gold. 
Then sealed the jar with glue n seal. 









I totally enjoyed myself .... And you should have seen the state of my paws... Very mucky indeed ha ha 

Thanks for looking 
Be Good 
Kath xx

7 comments:

  1. this looks awesome kath ... will try something like this when i get home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the finished result Kath! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kath this is stunning. You must have had such fun making this. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to pop by to say how amazing your creation is Kath, very clever, it looks great.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous effects, the jar looks amazing!! Love the colours!! Looks like such a fabulous technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing project Kath, you do this kind of art so well. Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x