Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Things you do when you can't sleep ...........

Hi Peeps

Well I couldn't settle last night so I decided to make this mixed media piece. 

I'd done the base in the afternoon.... I keep attempting a white based project but my mucky paws just can't help it ha ha they always end up dark again


First I covered my canvas board with paper/scrap/lace/diecuts
I used PVA to stick

Then I painted it with a good coat of gesso


Then stuck on my 'bits' I gesso'd some underneath as I layered up


Then covered again with Gesso


Then the fun started....
I forgot to take pics whilst splashing colour on so I'll talk you through it



I sprinkled green and red brown primary elements powders and spritzed with water
then sprayed old gold and copper mica sprays

then dribbled watered down raw umber Deco Art acrylic
and let it run whilst moving the canvas side to side


Then I dry brushed with white acrylic some of the higher pieces to highlight them

then using Deco Art quinacridone gold and trans yellow oxide.... I first did a wash over everything
then darkened a few pieces (the ones  I'd highlighted)


Once dry I sprinkled a bit of distress embossing powders on and a touch of antique bronze EP

Then very lightly rubbed a little Inka Gold paste over a few areas
I did my best with the photos but its hard to show the gilding


For the Fob, I filled it with UTEE, added the words,
added a bit of gold and black Inka Gold Paste to the edges
then added clear UTEE to make it dome and make the words look suspended in the fob.
Finally I glued it in place and cleaned the mediums off the bulb and gem


As you can prob tell I thoroughly enjoyed myself
and once hubby got up at 5am  I went back to bed...... so I even managed a nap ha ha

Thanks for visiting
Be Good
Kathryn xx

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant I quite like the look in the first pic BUT the end result is fantastic :)
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the colours and dimension.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation Kath, you are a master at this kind of work. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely - looks like beach treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous creation, I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is absolutely STUNNING! Your creativity really shines through and I loved seeing the step-by-step of this. You have got some MAJOR talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Love the colors and dimension. I love the vintage look. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im love the primary elements, what 10 would you suggest to buy for my firt ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zandra
      I personally love all the neutral colours, not as scary ha ha x

      Delete
  9. Thats really fabulous ,Beautiful love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey there crafty friends
Thanks for visiting and your comments
Kath x